What are all of the services that Writefull offers? originally appeared on Quora: the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
Answer by Writefull, AI-based academic writing tools, on Quora:
Writefull offers a range of AI-based academic writing services, which are used not only by students and researchers, but also by scientific publishers and copy editing companies. Writefull for Word and for Overleaf offer the following features:
- Automated copyediting of your text: You can choose between a light-weight revision (‘Proofread’ mode) or a heavy, advanced copyedit (‘Full Edit’ mode). Publishers and copyediting companies, like Hindawi and Karger, also use Writefull’s copyediting service. Some use it in-house to speed up their own copyediting, others offer it to their authors before submission.
- Paraphraser: Writefull’s Paraphraser rewrites your sentences. This is really useful if you want to rewrite something you’ve found in another source (always cite!) or if you want to add variation to your text.
- Title Generator: This cool widget creates a title for your work based on your abstract. It follows the title norms of academic papers, but can be used for any text. You can also use it to generate a heading for any paragraph.
- Language Search: This search widget lets you explore the language of published papers. Look and compare words or phrases, get words or synonyms that suit your sentence, and more.
- Sentence Palette: A database that lists over 600 phrases and sentences to use in every section of your paper and thesis.
A separate service, not available within the apps, is Writefull Cite. This service uses its own AI model to identify sentences in your text that are likely missing a citation – based on the information in the sentence and the language used.
The Writefull linguists also run interesting corpus analyses on academic texts, and often present their findings in their free webinars with academic writing tips.
Writefull offers a few more services to publishers and copyeditors:
- Manuscript categorisation: This service evaluates the quality of manuscripts and assigns a score or category to it. This helps publishers or copyediting companies evaluate whether a manuscript can be accepted, how much work it needs, and where to send it to for proofreading / copyediting.
- Metadata services: Writefull’s AI-driven Metadata models automatically extract elements from manuscripts; think of sections, author names, affiliations, etc. Publishers like ACS use these services to automate some of their manuscript review tasks.
This question originally appeared on Quora – the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.